Thermal Spray Technician
Sorry, this job has expired.
StandardAero is now seeking a qualified Thermal Spray Technician. We take pride in being an employer of choice among aviation professionals by offering competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit plans.
Don’t just take a job; make a career with StandardAero!
• Attainment of applicable internal process stamp(s).
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
• Ability to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part. Routers are in English, so reading, understanding, and writing in English is a requirement in order to complete the tasks at hand.
• Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, reworks process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals and MSDS labels.
• Working knowledge of production management computer system and other related internal control systems.
• Regularly required to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods.
• Follow written tech plans and instructions to apply thermal spray coatings to hardware.
• Plan, develop, write, revise, document, test, implement and control programs for robots as applicable.
• Operate blasting equipment to clean and prepare the surface of materials and components.
• Prepare and mask parts with fixtures, rubber, tape, TAFA, anti-bond, or metal masks prior to coating.
• Set up and operate various types of manual, semi-automatic and/or robotic spray systems to apply coatings to parts.
• Set bake/cure oven controls for correct temperature and record time on process charts.
• Remove masking, clean overspray and wash parts.
• Inspect surfaces visually for defects and compliance with specifications using micrometers, calipers, elcometers, profilometers, or related devices prior to and after applying coating.
• Clean and maintain spray/coating equipment, fixtures, and blast cabinets.
• Participate in continuous improvement of cell processes.
• Cross-train in other complementary skills and seek endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
• Move between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed.
• Participate in the cross-training of other technicians as needed.
• Observe all applicable safety requirements and report any unsafe practices/conditions immediately.
• Proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments.
• Proficient with the use of coating systems including the 9MC Plasma Spray system, and TAFA Smart Arc.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
2nd Shift, Weekends
We are accepting walk in interviews on July 14th, from 10am to 1pm.
We are StandardAero, one of the largest independent MRO and aviation service businesses in the world, providing comprehensive services for business and general aviation, air transport and military aircraft. Partnered with and owned by Veritas Capital, we bring our global customers the unique knowledge and expertise they expect from an industry leader.
Our strength comes from over 3,500 employees working out of 13 primary facilities in the United States, Canada, Europe, Singapore and Australia, with additional regionally located service and support locations around the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.