Sorry, this job has expired.
Position Description: *** 1st Shift Opening ***
* Sets up and operates a variety of hand tools such as hammers, files, dremels, vibro-peen tools, drills, presses, low temperature ovens, pullers and hand grinders to perform various operations such as blending, chasing threads, deburring, angle checking, cold-working metals, masking, and braze application.
* Reads and interprets specification manuals, blueprints, templates, and layouts for product specifications such as tooling instructions, tolerances and dimensions.
* Translates instructions into actions.
* Fits and assembles machined metal parts and sub-assemblies using hand and power tools.
* Manually aligns components for assembly and bolts, screws, dowels or rivets complex series of parts together.
* Verifies dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
* Inspects quality and accuracy of run work.
* Sets up and operates test equipment (e.g., pressure test).
* Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
* Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsement for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
* Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
* Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
The work requires you to be able to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part, the Routers are in English, so reading, understanding, and writing in English is a requirement in order to complete the tasks at hand.
* Working knowledge of precision measuring instruments.
* Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, rework process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals, and MSDS labels.
* Working knowledge of production management computer systems and other related internal control systems.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
* Regularly required to sit for prolonged periods. * Specialized training in machine shop practices.
* Must be authorized to work in the US.